Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Retraction

I would like to revise my previous post in which I said that Hadley teething wasn't as bad as I thought it would be....Well little Hoo decided to prove me wrong today. Very wrong. Let me just give you a run down of our day:


3:30 AM (yes am) - Crying baby girl :(
4:00-8:30 am - back to sleep
9:00 am - 12 pm - clean house
12pm - 2:30 pm - get ready for the day


Now, normally 2 1/2 hours to get ready is not my idea of time well spent. I have to try really hard to take that long. I probably should try, but I really just don't care to. Today I believe my famous last words were, "I still have to shower and get ready so I'll be about 30 min." HA not so. Hadley didn't want to sit and play, but she didn't want me to hold her either. Eating only made her mad and getting her dressed made her really mad.

2:30 pm-6:00pm - going to Austin's soccer game and running errands
6:00 pm-9:30pm - trying to keep H happy and not crying. This became very difficult the last hour she was awake. The only moment she was happy in that time frame was when we ate a popsicle together. The poor little girl was so tired she fell asleep on my lap. When I tried to move her to wrap her up for bed everything fell apart. She would not.stop.screaming. I hate that she is in pain. So after about five or so minutes I asked Zachary to give her a blessing. As he was giving her a blessing a calm just washed over her. Within 2 minutes she was asleep.

I am so very thankful for the priesthood that Zachary holds and uses when we need it. I have a wonderful husband and I am so thankful for the gospel.



1 comment:

  1. sorry about your crying sweetheart. I had the first dose of that last night(well, 3am). No idea why she cried the way she did, but it made me cry for her! Chad came out and scooped her into his arms and walked back into our bedroom and she was immediately calm. Right before he came out, I was questioning a blessing. I know what you mean when you said "not.stop.screaming")But I am thankful for the priesthood and for the way a gentle, loving touch from a father can calm them.

    ReplyDelete