Our little girl is finally here!! We are so excited to have her! She was born April 7th at 11:10 am. She was 7lbs 10 oz, and 19 1/4" long.
Hadley was born on a Wednesday and that Monday I went to the chiropracter in vegas to have my back adjusted. All that day I was having some contractions. The next day I had an appointment with Dr. K my gyno. He checked me and found that I was dialated to a one and 75% effaced. I was pretty excited because the week before I was only 25% effaced and not dialated at all. He told us that if I didn't go into labor by the 15th, a week after my due date, I would be induced. Dr. K, Zach, and I all thought that I would have to be induced the next week. So, Zach and I did some last minute shopping and talked about the things we needed to get done before the baby came the next week. After we got home I went for a walk with my good friend Christine. When I got home, Zach wasn't feeling very well and was really tired. He had slept a little while I was gone and was ready to go to bed when I got home. I layed on the bed with him for a little while and when I got up to get ready for bed at 9:30 (10:30 Utah time) I thought I felt my water break. I said to Zach "I think my water just broke!" to which he replied, "Are you serious?" after another gush of fluid and my response of "yeah I'm pretty sure..." He jumped up and started grabbing things to go in our bag. We called our parents to let them know we were heading to the hospital! Zachary had a hard time going the speed limit on our way to St. George. Once we got there I they began to monitor my contractions and Hadley's heartbeat. They tested for amniotic fluid and when the test came back positive I was admitted. I was given Pitocin to speed up my labor as well as an antibiotic for Group Beta Strep. Zach and I walked the halls for a while and then my mom came and we walked the halls some more. After 9 hours of labor I was tired and my contractions were very intense so I decided to have an epidural. Zach and I got some much needed sleep. I thought I felt some pressure so I had Zach go get the nurse and sure enough there was Hadley's head and it was time to push. Everyone started rushing in the room. Dr. K was called and 10 min later, he put her on my stomach and I got to hold my little girl for the first time. Zach and I were so excited! He was so supportive and wonderful the whole time. It was an amazing moment as we became a family. I am so thankful that we are sealed and our children can be with us forever.
It's now a month later, and we are enjoying every minute of our little girl :) she is so beautiful and we are so grateful to have her here safe and sound.

No comments:
Post a Comment