Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lesson learned.....the hard way

Well, I just thought I would post a little somethin being that it's 1 am (that's not a typo, it's seriously 1 am) and I'm just chillin on my couch. Of course I would rather be in bed, but more importantly I would rather have the little Hoo there too, all snuggled up in her blanket sleeping the night away. Buuut that's not happening...

As a mom I'm feeling about an inch high right now. Let me start from the beginning so my ramblings make a bit more sense.

Today was a fairly good day. It was a day of Doctor's appointments and errands. Zachary had an appointment and luckily I got Hadley in for her 6 month check-up today too so we didn't have to make 2 trips to St. George. The Doctor informed me that she's growing pretty well and everything looks great! Then, as he's leaving he asks, "Do you want Hadley to get a flu shot today?" Well inside of me came the answer: I don't think it's a good ideeaa... So what did I say?? Yes. Yes? Seriously? Red flag and a feeling to say no, and I thought it would be a good idea to say yes? Ok time-out here for a second. I know this lesson. I've learned it a million times and the outcome is always the same: not listening to the Spirit = life getting hard unecessarily. The difference now is that I'm a mom and now the decision process involves my precious little Hoo. I really can't afford to not listen to the Holy Ghost. I couldn't before, of course, but especially now that I am a mom.
So the outcome? Well at 12:30 am I was woken up by the saddest little cry, you know, the 'I don't feel good' cry and sure enough, she has a small fever. So this is us chillin on the couch. Hadley with a cold wash cloth on her head and me with a lap top and a warm baby on my lap.


Poor little girl... Well, I have definitely learned my lesson. Heavenly Father gives us guidance for a reason: to make us happy! Ignoring that guidance only brings unecessary heartache, and in this case fever.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Hadley is sick! I'm sure that's no fun. I hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on that! I have learned to listen to the spirit on the smallest little things (and I'm by no means a pro) but especially when it comes to my kids! Sorry she is sick. It's hard to watch your baby suffer!

    ReplyDelete